Here are pictures of how I replaced the jib halyard. It may not have been the best way to do this - maybe I should get a seasoned Albacore restorer to look at it. 3/32" rope wire was used with a thimble at one end and an open loop to hook on at the base of the mast. I glued and wrapped wire around a messenger line - this might not hold up, but we'll see. The wire was fed through the mast attached to a piece of plastic for ease of retrieving at the other end.
This is a blog about an Albacore sailing dinghy I bought from an owner in Bath, Ontario. In fact, it is one of the surplus Department of National Defence boats. It needs a few modifications and some minor restoration work, so I'm documenting it for those interested in the Albacore sailboat.
No comments:
Post a Comment